Each Tuesday (#TipTuesday), we like to share some cleaning tips on Twitter as we like to help!
So we thought it might be useful to compile some of the tips into a blog post!
There are many things that you can do yourself in the office to keep things clean, tidy and promote a healthy environment.
So here it is…our top 10 office cleaning tips!
- Keep your workplace fresh by opening all your windows once a week, letting the fresh air flow through you and your environment.
- Has someone drawn on your whiteboard with a permanent marker by mistake? Wipe it down with hand sanitiser to get rid of the stain!
- Use a sealed travel mug to avoid spills on your desk & electrical equipment…and to keep it clean & hygienic.
- Use the sticky edge of a sticky note to clean crumbs from your laptop or keyboard, especially if you eat at your desk.
- Place ‘kitchen etiquette‘ signs in your workplace kitchen to let staff know what is expected of them to help keep the environment clean for everyone.
- Add plants to your workplace to promote fresh air. According to scientific studies, plants also help to reduce stress and increase productivity.
- Place hand sanitisers in various places in your workplace to help keep your workforce healthy.
- Assign one day each month to be clean out your workplace kitchen. Any food left in the fridge that day should be thrown away (unless it’s a long-life item like mayonnaise or ketchup). You can also put an opened box of baking soda inside the fridge to eliminate odours.
- Put any food rubbish in the office kitchen bin, just paper in the bin under your desk. It’ll stop those unidentifiable smells!
- Imagine you are a client or customer entering your workplace. Walk around and make a note of anything that needs cleaning or tidying…then fix it!
And if you need any help with maintaining your office cleanliness on a regular basis, our friendly team of commercial cleaners can visit as often as you like. Covering Leicester, Nottingham, Derby and the surrounding counties, see what our commercial cleaning service includes.